The Victorian Curriculum will be delivered for each student and their achievement progress reported.
At Chalcot Lodge Primary School the Victorian Curriculum will be implemented in 2017.
The Victorian Curriculum sets out what every student should learn during their schooling. The curriculum is the common set of knowledge and skills required by students for life-long learning, social development and active informed citizenship. These are defined by Learning Areas and Capabilities.
Excellence In Learning Includes;
- A strong partnership and high expectations of learning and behaviours between the students, staff and parents to support the success of each student.
- Consistent learning and teaching approaches
- Teachers knowing curriculum, teaching strategies and their students and how they learn best. Specialised programs to meet identified needs – remediation and extension programs including individual learning plans.
- Explicit learning will be planned and structured in subject areas for students to acquire skills and attributes promoting achievement of successful learners.
- Collaboration between the teachers and students on their needs and with the teaching team about learning that will strengthen student achievement and feedback to parents to involve them in the learning.
- Learning will be based on individual student assessment.
- Students developing the abilities to work independently, collaboratively in pairs, and in groups demonstrating social competencies. Students reflect on their learning via self, peer and teacher feedback to continually improve and be successful.
Students will have the opportunities to access specialist and extra curricular opportunities at Chalcot Lodge Primary School.
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Physical Education
- Cookery & Etiquette
- Mandarin Language
- ICT – Information, Communication and Technology
EXTRA CURRICULAR OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
- Lunchtime Clubs – For example; Boys social club, Girls social club, Robotics, Well Being Centre, Coding Club, Breakfast club and Green Team.
- Student leadership – School, House and Specialist Captains, Student Council, Green Team, ICT leaders, Art monitors and Buddy programs.
- UNSW – ICAS testing
- Inter school Sports (Years 5 & 6)
- Productions (Year 4 and 6)
- Class movies
- Radio Programs
- Instrument lessons
- End of Year Concerts