Parents are very welcome to join our Parent Club. The aims of the Parent Club are to:
- contribute to the wellbeing of the school community;
- arrange social activities involving the school community for the benefit of the school environment;
- encourage the participation of all parents in the life of the school and the education of their children;
- provide opportunities for parents to get to know each other and to be informed about their child’s school;
- work in cooperation with the School Council, Principal Class and staff; and
- assist with raising funds for the benefit of the students and the school.
The Parent Club Executive meetings are held twice a term and the Parent Club meetings are held termly in the staffroom.
Some of the items the Parent Club have assisted in purchasing have included playground equipment; playground seats; House banners; sport equipment; Art resources; graduation bears; the school BBQ; marquee; chess board marking and giant chess pieces; sun awnings; the refrigerator for the cookery room; synthetic grass in the senior and junior play areas; our giant movie screen and the list could go on and on!
Being a member of the Parent Club is also a great way to get to know other parents and make new friends. The Parent Club organise fun outings for its members in between meetings, such as luncheons and dinners.
We would love to welcome new people to our happy Parent Club crew.